A book review club/blog created by students at South Columbus High School in Tabor City, North Carolina.

Friday, April 12, 2013

April Reviews!


Synopsis:
My name is Darius Arthur Heisenberg, but most people call me Dare. If my last name sounds familiar, it’s probably because of my great-great uncle Werner Heisenberg. He was a physicist who came up with something called the Uncertainty Principle. But listen, Uncle Werner had no idea how uncertain things really are.

I work for a group, called the Keepers, that label themselves the custodians of time. And, believe me, time is a mess. It needs all the custodians it can get. Which is, of course, why the Keepers selected me, a nineteen-year-old high school dropout, to join them. I recently worked as a janitor for a couple months. Perfect fit, right?

Okay, it didn’t make much sense to me either, but I wasn’t in a position to turn down a steady job and a roof over my head. Besides, all I’m supposed to do is travel through time and save the universe as we know it, how hard could it be?

Yeah, better hold on. This could get ugly.



Alan Tucker, author of The Mother-Earth Series (A Measure of Disorder, A Cure for Chaos, and Mother's Heart), as well as a new science fiction novel, Knot in Time, is a dad, a graphic designer, and a soccer coach. Mostly in that order. He's had a lifelong adoration of books, beginning with Encyclopedia Brown, progressing through Alan Dean Foster's Flinx, and continuing on with the likes of Jim Butcher, Rachel Caine, and Naomi Novik, to name a few.

"I wanted to write books that I'd enjoy reading. Books that I hoped my kids would enjoy too!"

Visit the main website for more information about his books. View maps, watch trailers, see reviews and much more!


REVIEWER: CANEISHA GOODMON
TITLE/AUTHOR: KNOT IN TIME BY ALAN TUCKER
5 STARS

Knot in Time is about a young man named Dare. He has no future when he is recruited by the Time Keepers to help keep the threads of time from getting tangled up due to People’s interference with the space-time continuum.  He is trained to be a field agent and his first assignment will be a doozy.  In the future, there is a colony on Mars that is attacked by aliens.  The Martians send an agent back to Earth to try to buy some time to deal with the alien threat.  Once Dare is sent to stop this female agent from messing up Earth, but the female agent turns out to be a whole lot of trouble.  He bounces around Earth for awhile in hot water with her. 

Overall, I thought this was a great book if you like learning about time and travel tales. I think Knot in Time would be the book to read because you see the realization of going from being nobody to somebody and saving universe at the end of a day.

Purchase this book!
Amazon
Barnes and Nobles



No comments:

Post a Comment